March 1st - beginning of my final trimester in high school. Wow. Well the day started off well enough, considering I didn't oversleep even a little, and my hair and makeup were behaving. Of course I had to leave at my normal time even though I had an ortho appointment, because the office is now in GREENWOOD. FML! Still this trip was much faster than my first, and only took about 35-40 minutes. Not bad for rush hour!
The best part had to be when they mentioned that I was a week early for my appointment. *facepalm* Good job, girlie!
So I missed my first day of "The Breakfast Club" aka Spanish class, and most of bio. Luckily this Friday is an all-school mass so Mr. Duray just talked today, about his experiences in Haiti. I wish I could have gone on a trip there. Any trip really. I mean the service project at church was cool just because when you hear all the facts and figures they throw out, it really does amaze you. 23 cents feeds a child for a day. WHAT HAVE WE BEEN DOING?!? How easy would it be to stop world hunger? The Kids Against Hunger program had a great idea, and I wish it was promoted more. Maybe for like a summer camp service activity or something, but either way so much good could be done! Our team of eight at one table fed about 17K people. THATS CRAZY. Why aren't people doing this regularly? Why does it take a disaster of some sort to make us notice? Mr. Duray said he was sick of people coming back from trips and getting all "You in America with your cell phones and your Game Boys and your Tevo..." but quite honestly I had already started that particular diatribe in my head. We do have so much. So much more than we need. This year in particular I have been much more cognizant of that fact, especially after a big sale at Kohl's that mom just HAS to go to, and drags me along for the deals, and we end up spending several hundred dollars on clothes. I've begun to get restless and cynical after stuff like that. After the winter sale at Old Navy (Okay, I'll admit that I dragged MOM there), I tossed and turned until I realized what to do. I got out of bed, went through my closet, and filled two huge trashbags with the clothes I was giving away, the clothes that I didn't need and were only there because I was paranoid that I would eventually need them. TIME TO FACE FACTS: I won't use most of them. So out they went! I finally fell asleep.
Now to the title (though I now realize that it could very well be referring to Haiti, etc... Totally did not plan that). As it is the first day of a new trimester, that means new classes. For the first time, I am not in any classes with any of my "close" friends. Really Kristen is the only person that I need on a regular basis, and I did get used to having no classes with her last trimester. Of course, then I was in several classes with both Devin and Courtney. This trimester, nada. But I'm actually ok with that, because I've been weaned off of having them in all of my classes. I have other friends. I'm not dependent. What I'm wondering is, since it seems as though I've been singled out, is God trying to get through to me? Maybe get me to reach out more? Or, as I seem to have no trouble adapting, is He focusing on my close friends, who constantly are together?
I have no clue. I feel like the separation doesn't bother me, and that my ability to reach out and adapt is definitely developed enough to succeed in the future (i.e. COLLEGE) whereas some of my friends haven't quite mastered that yet, and in my opinion, need the practice more. But Gods ways are not my ways, so I guess whatever happens will happen. In the meantime I hope to further develop myself in the absence of people who know me intimately. There's really nothing to lose I guess.
Monday, March 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment