No high schooler, especially a senior, complains about a day off of school. It just doesn't happen. Sleeping in has been great, and I feel good!
Tonight Leah and I are leaving for Grace's Winter Retreat. She's not too psyched about it. I don't feel like she's bringing me down so to speak, but just pulling me out of myself, which is a good thing. At first when I realized I was going I wondered a lot. I haven't been to my small group AT ALL this year (Epic fail there) and have made it to maybe 2 Wednesday nights?? Catholic school can make on complacent in their faith, with theology classes and mass once a week, I feel like I don't need anymore "church." Truth is, of course, I do. So I wondered if any of my friends were going on the retreat. If they still considered themselves my friends. If I knew anyone in my small group.
Now that I'm focused on Leah, I'm a lot calmer. I'll bring my friendship bracelet and knitting supplies (always big hits during free time!) and go from there. I might even bring some homework and sit with her sometime. Kill two birds with one stone!
In any case, I'd just like to see some change of heart, for me, for her, or for both of us, this weekend.
Happy Valentines Day!
Friday, February 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment